LAS 4000 mini
Contact: Hyuk-Kyu Seoh
Every time you use the LAS 3000, you MUST sign the logbook.
Please sign the LAS4000 mini reserve calendar as soon as you know the time you are going to use it. Do Not turn the LAS3000 power switch of IDX (Intelligent Dark Box) off before quitting the reading software; Image Reader LAS-3000). Turning the power off without first quitting the reading software could permanently damage the camera system.
Clean up any spills inside and outside the imager. DO NOT use any organic solvent cleaning solutions to clean the tray and interior of both imagers. Use only water dampened soft-cloth to clean tray. Please consult core facility personnel for any questions about cleaning.
A. Turn on Power Switch of IDX (bottom right corner of IDX front side).
1. Turn imager power on.
2. Double click ImageQuant LAS 4000 button on desktop.
3. The camera needs to be cooled down to exactly -25°C before usage. The cooling time should be less than 10 minutes. If it is longer than 10 minutes, please note in logbook.
3. Click Method/Tray position button, choose either Chemiluminescence or Digitization. Also choose the position, which must match with the physical position in imager. Click OK button and return to main window.
4. In the pull-down menu of Exposure Type, choose Precision, Increment, Repetition, or Program.
5. Choose the Exposure Time. You can set it Auto or Manual. In Manual mode, you need to choose the right exposure time by typing in the number and choosing the time unit (hr, min, or sec); or click a preset exposure time (15hr, 2hr; 60min, 30min, 10min, 5min, 2min, 1min; 1sec, 1/2sec, 1/4sec, 1/8sec, 1/15sec, 1/30sec, 1/60sec, and 1/100sec).
6. Choose Sensitivity/Resolution from High Resolution, Standard, High, Super, Ultra, High Binning, Super Binning, and Ultra Binning.
7. Click Focusing button, adjust brightness and focus until you are satisfied.
8. Click Return button.
9. Click Start button.
10. You can choose Print to print your image; or Save to save your image in on your flash drive and the format you specify (*.gel for ImageQuantTL, *.tif for other image processor). Do not save on computer.
11. Click Complete button when you are done with that image.
12. Close software when you are totally done. If you are going to use this imager within one hour, choose Keep the CCD cooling after quit; otherwise, choose Stop the CCD cooling now.
13. Click OK button.
14. Turn imager power off.